Rita CALABRESE | Research Unity for the Study of Language Variation and Change
The objectives of the LVC research unit are focused on results from completed as well as ongoing research, with an emphasis on current approaches, methods, and perspectives, whether descriptive, theoretical, sociolinguistic or corpus-based. The unit aims:
- to create a space for the discussion of new and ongoing research and projects on language variation.
- to encourage interactions between researchers with different research perspectives and methodologies.
They are related to language variation and change, including, but not limited to:
- language contact issues and their impact on language change
- new ethnolect formation
- all aspects of language variation and change in New Varieties of English
- synchronic/diachronic analyses/perspectives in the domain of LVC
- specific issues related to the annotation of corpora for LVC research
- interdisciplinary studies covering different registers and genres in various contexts