Stefania TERRACCIANO | Curriculum
Stefania TERRACCIANO Curriculum
DATE OF BIRTH: Naples, 13/03/1976.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: :+39.089.968141. +39.089.969192
Researcher at the Department of Pharmacy of the University of Salerno.
Degree in Pharmacy achieved at the Faculty of Pharmacy of the University of Salerno, on the 11/04/2000, vote 110/110 cum laude.
Thesis in Organic Chemistry titled "Sesterterpeni lattoni citotossici dalle spugne di mare Petrosaspongia Sp. e Petrosaspongia nigra”. Supervisor Prof. Raffaele Riccio.
Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences obtained on the 27/02/2004. Thesis titled "Progettazione e sintesi di analoghi strutturali del ciclodepsipeptide jaspamide". Tutor: Prof. Raffaele Riccio.
- From 1998 to 2000 she worked at her experimental thesis in the Department of Pharmaceutical Science of the University of Salerno as an undergraduate student.
- From 2000 to 2003 she performed PhD at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of University of Salerno.
- From 2004 to 2006 she obtained a postdoctoral fellowship in the same Department in the group of Prof. Riccio;
- From 2007 to 2010 she was a scientific collaborator of the above mentioned Institute.
- Currently, she is researcher of organic chemistry at the Department of Pharmacy of the University of Salerno
She is involved in the following research fields:
- Drug Discovery/Medicinal Chemistry approaches focused on the design and synthesis, through the application of modern methodologies of organic chemistry, of bioactive compounds able to interfere with the most relevant macromolecular anti cancer and anti inflammatory targets.
- Isolation and structural characterization of biologically active natural organic compounds from marine sources.