Maria Prosperina VITALE | Curriculum
Maria Prosperina VITALE Curriculum
Assistant Professor of Social Statistics, Department of Economics and Statistics, University of Salerno (Italy) since 2005.
- 1998 B.A. in Sociology, University of Salerno
- 2002 Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Chieti "G. D'Annunzio"
- 2002-2004 Research assistantship, Department of Economics and Statistics, University of Salerno
- 2008 Visiting period at the University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Social Science (October-December)
International courses attendance
- Advanced Methods for Network Analysis, Research Centre in Economic and Organisational Sociology School of Economics and Management, University of Lisbona (2008)
- ECPR Summer School in methods and techniques, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana (2007)
- Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis and Collection, Department of Government, University of Essex (2005)
- Summer Training Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research, Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), University of Michigan (2000)
- 29th Spring Seminar Causal Analysis with Latent Variables, Zentralarchiv fur Empirische Sozialforschung, University of Cologne (2000)
- Survey sampling (Undergraduate Level)
- Indicators for analysing socio-demographic phenomena (Graduate Level)
- Social Network Analysis (Master Degree)
- Statistics (Undergraduate Level)
- Social statistics (Undergraduate Level, Graduate Level)
- MIUR - PRIN 2003 national grant: "Multivariate Statistical and Visualization Methods to Analyze, to Summarize, and to Evaluate Performance Indicators"
- Research program "An analysis of inequalities in labour market due to differences in cultural capital and social classes in subregional areas", Action 3.6 a of P.O.R. CAMPANIA 2000-2006
- Research program "Schola", CAOT, University of Salerno (Italy)
- Research program "Schola 2", CAOT, University of Salerno (Italy)
- Research program "E-learning", University of Salerno (Italy)
- MIUR - PRIN 2008 "Network Theories, Evaluation of Technological Districts and public policies for innovation"
- Research Program LEADER - GAL Irpinia 2012, Centro interdipartimentale per la diffusione delle scienze umane e sociali e per la costruzione di capitale umano (CISUS), University of Salerno (Italy)
- Survey "Analysis of data on tourism, historical and natural significance of the role of Villa San Michele, socio-cultural characteristics of the visitors to the Museum Villa San Michele by Axel Munthe", in collaboration with the Fondazione San Michele, Laboratorio di ricerca e formazione avanzata in Statistica (STATLAB), University of Salerno (Italy)
- Research Program "Osservatorio Regionale Sistema Universitario Campano", University of Salerno (Italy)
- July 2013 - January 2015
Guest and Action Network Editor of the Network Science journal, Cambridge University Press, Special issue "Networks in space and in time: methods and applications", Network Science, 3 (1), 2015 (in collaboration with L. De Benedictis, and S. Wasserman).
- Reviewer for the international journals
- Journal of Applied Statistics
- Network Science
- Quality and Quantity
- Social Networks
- Statistical Methods and Applications