RAFFAELE CUCCINIELLO | Curriculum
Raffaele Cucciniello (Avellino, September 5,1986), from January 2020, is Assistant Professor of Environmental Chemistry (RTD/B-CHIM/12) at the Department of Chemistry and Biology at University of Salerno.
He got the MSc in Chemistry in 2010 (Thesis: Atmospheric CO2 determination using passive sampling devices) and in 2011 he worked as applied researcher for Aquaria Research srl, focusing his activity on the research of new materials for atmospheric pollutants sampling. Afterwards, in 2015 he completed his PhD in Chemistry at University of Salerno under the supervision of Professor A. Proto defending a thesis entitled “Environmental and catalytic applications of alkaline oxides”. From 2015 to 2018 he worked as post-doc researcher at University of Salerno (2015-2017 Project "Synthesis of high value chemicals through catalytic glycerol conversion"; 2018 Project"Synthesis and isotopic characterization of bio-based chemicals") and from 2018 to 2019 as Chemistry Professor (High School, Italy. In 2016 he won a selection for a permanent role as Chemistry Professor).
In July 2020, he obtained the National Scientific Qualification (ASN) as Associate Professor (SC 03/A1- Analytical Chemistry/Environmental Chemistry) and "Alfredo Di Braccio" award from Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei.
From May 2021, he is a founding member and member of the administrative board (CdA) of the Academic Spin-off and Innovative Start-up company named AOP4WATER s.r.l.
In June 2022, he obtained the National Scientific Qualification (ASN) as Full Professor (SC 03/A1- Analytical Chemistry/Environmental Chemistry).
His research activity is mainly oriented in the the Green Chemistry research field with particular enphasis on:
- valorization of bio based feedstocks to value added chemicals (VHC)
- waste conversion to VHC
- green analytical chemistry: application of green chemistry principles in the field of environmental and analytical chemistry both at laboratory and industrial scale.
- catalytic elimination of the main environmental pollutants (COV, chlorinated compounds )
- benign-by-design preparation of new active environmental catalysts for wastewater treatment through Fenton process
- design and preparation of both active and passive devices for atmospheric pollutants sampling (CO2, NOx, H2S, VOC)
He is author of 61 publications in peer-reviewed journals (https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?origin=resultslist&authorId=55311922300&zone=), 2 patent, 1 book chapter and over 100 participations to national and international congress.
prof. Fabrizio Passarini and Dr. Daniele Cespi (Dep. of Industrial Chemistry "Toso Montanari" - University of Bologna)
prof. Federico Bella (DISAT - Politecnico di Torino)
prof. Fabrizio Cavani and Dr. Tommaso Tabanelli (Dep. of Industrial Chemistry "Toso Montanari" - University of Bologna)
Dr. Joel Barrault (Valagro Recherche, France)
prof.ssa Alessandra Genga (DiSTeBA - University of Salento)
prof. Luigi Rizzo (DICIV - University of Salerno)
- Società Chimica Italiana (SCI) - Division of Environmental Chemistry and Cultural Heritage (Board Member 2022-2024); Green and Sustainable Chemistry Interidivisional Group).
He was board-member in the Young Group of the Italian Chemical Society representing the division of Environment and Cultural Heritage (2016-2018).
- American Chemical Society (ACS)