Valerio BOZZA | Curriculum
Valerio BOZZA Curriculum
- Current position: Associate Professor, Sector FIS/05 - Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Born in 1976, graduate in Salerno in 1998, PhD in Salerno in 2002. Winner of the prize for Scientific Operosity of SIF in 2002. Winner of a grant position at Centro Enrico Fermi, three years spent at CERN, Geneva, in the group lead by Gabriele Veneziano, father of string theory. Researcher at the University of Salerno since 2011. Associate Professor since 2020.
- Author of 177 publications on international scientific journals, speaker in 38 conferences, also on invitation.
- Manager of the Astronomical Observatory at the Physics Department of the University of Salerno. Evenings open to the general public are regularly organized (http://www.fisica.unisa.it/GravitationAstrophysics/Observatory.htm).
- Realized the first public code for the description of binary and planetary microlensing (http://www.fisica.unisa.it/GravitationAstrophysics/VBBinaryLensing.htm) and the fastest computational platform in the world for the interpretation of binary microlensing events.
- Member of the Microlensing Science Investigation Team for the Roman spacecraft, to be launched by NASA in 2025.
- Member of MiNDSTEp and OMEGA (search for extrasolar planets by the microlensing method).
- Coordinates the validation of transiting exoplanets with the UNISA Astronomical Observatory for the KELT netweork and for the TESS spacecraft by NASA.
- Organizes the Advanced School on Exoplanetary Science, every second year (http://www.mpia.de/~ASES3/ases3).
- Introduced an analytical method to describe gravitational lensing by black holes in any gravitational theory; signed several invited reviews.
- Referee for Nature, Physical Review Letters, Astrophysical Journal, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticles, and so on.
- Research: Extrasolar Planets, Gravitational lensing, Black holes, Cosmology.
- Teaching: General Astronomy (BSc in Physics), Specialistic Laboratory, Astrophysics of Stars and Planets (Master in Physics), Gravitational lensing (PhD in Physics).
- Organization: Coordinator of the Physics course; Coordinator of the entrance tests for the courses: Physics; Sciences and Nanotechnologies for Sustainability; Mathematics; Chemistry; Environmental Sciences; Biological Sciences.