Carlo RENNO | Curriculum
Carlo RENNO Curriculum
In 1996 he graduated with honors in Mechanical Engineering.
In 2000 PhD in Engineering of Thermomechanical Systems at the University of Naples Federico II.
Since 2001 he has been a researcher (SSD ING-IND/10, Industrial Technical Physics) at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Salerno.
Since 2007 he is associate professor (Competition Sector 09/C2 - Technical Physics and Nuclear Engineering) at the Department of Industrial Engineering (DIIN) of the University of Salerno.
He has obtained three times the National Scientific Qualification for 1st level professor in the Competition Sector 09/C2 (Technical Physics and Nuclear Engineering) in the rounds of 2012, 2013 and 2018-20.
Since 2001 he has been teaching at the University of Salerno.
He was the holder of the courses of: Technical Physics, Applied Thermodynamics and Energy.
Since 2009 he has held the courses of "Applied Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer" (degree course in Mechanical Engineering) and "Applied Thermodynamics and Energy Systems" (degree course in Management Engineering).
From the academic year 2021-22 is the holder of the "Optimization and Management of Energy Systems" course ("Smart Industry Engineering" Master's Degree course).
In 2019 he had a teaching assignment formally assigned by the Research Doctorate College in Industrial Engineering of the University of Salerno for the course, in English, entitled "Energy optimization solutions: photovoltaic and thermal systems" lasting 20 hours played.
He has been supervisor of over 100 graduate thesis papers at the University of Salerno.
- From May 2002 to September 2007 he was representative of researchers at the Board of Directors of the University of Salerno.
- From 2013 to 2018 he was a member of the Board of the Department of Industrial Engineering (DIIN) of the University of Salerno.
- From 2013 to 2017 he was a member of the Council of the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Salerno.
- Since 2013 he has been a member of the teaching staff of the "Industrial Engineering" Research Doctorate (accredited by the Ministry; code DOT1328711) of the University of Salerno.
- From June 2019 to today he is coordinator of the "Commission for self-assessment, accreditation and quality assurance" of the Didactic Council of Mechanical and Management Engineering of the Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Salerno.
- From 2020 to today he is a member of the FARB Commission of the Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Salerno
- From June 2019 to today he is a member of the Board of Directors of the Italian Thermotechnical Association - Campania Section.
- Member by proxy of the Rector, from 2004 to 2008, of the Scientific Council of the Interuniversity Center for International Training (H2CU) made up of some of the major Italian Universities and CNR Institutes, and of prestigious American Universities (MIT-Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge / Boston; Polytechnic University, New York; Pace University, New York; Columbia University, New York) to develop joint academic and research programs including in the energy sector.
Over time he has also been a member of the following Commissions:
- member, as Board Member of the University of Salerno, of the Investigation Commission of the Board of Directors, of the Permanent Commission for part-time collaboration activities, of the Commission for the allocation of funds for tutoring for disabled students, the Commission VI Framework Program for Research and Technological Development, the Commission for the evaluation of requests for funding of large and medium-sized scientific and support equipment, the Commission for the evaluation of projects relating to Internationalization;
- member, at various universities (Salerno, Naples Federico II, Second University of Naples, Palermo), of commissions both for the admission exam and for the final PhD exam in the context of the 09 / C2 competition sector ;
- member of the Orientation Commission of the Didactic Council of Mechanical and Management Engineering (CODIMEG);
- member of the "Quality Indicators" Commission of the Department of Industrial Engineering (DIIN);
- member of the DIIN TOLC Commission;
- member of the Pon Doctorate Scholarship Commission;
- member of the State Examination Commission for the qualification to the profession of engineer at the University of Salerno;
- member of the Spaces Commission of the Mechanical Engineering Section.
He is the author of over 70 scientific papers, of which more than 50 published in international journals with indexed reviewers on both Scopus and Wos, and of other papers presented at international conferences.
He is scientific director of the Laboratory of Applied Thermodynamics of the University of Salerno.
He is a member of the International Solar Energy Society (ISES) and of the International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR).
He is a member of the Editorial Board of indexed international journals: Journal of Thermal Science, Journal of Photoenergy, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Energies and Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences.
He is reviewer of scientific papers for the indexed international journals: Applied Thermal Engineering, Energy Conversion and Management, International Journal of Refrigeration, International Journal of Energy Research, Applied Energy, Energy, Energy and Buildings, Energies, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, etc. .
He has been a member of various organizational and scientific committees of international conferences.
He carries out his research activity in the field of Applied Thermodynamics and Heat Transmission, with particular attention to the study of reverse cycle plants and concentration photovoltaic systems, subject to both experimental and analytical-numerical investigations.
He designed and built two solar concentration photovoltaic experimental plants (point-focus and line-focus) at the DIIN Laboratory of Applied Thermodynamics.
Currently his research activity aims to study technical solutions capable of exploiting the thermal energy recoverable from concentrating photovoltaic systems.
He was scientific director of various lines of research entrusted to him both by the Ministry of the Environment for the Protection of the Territory and the Sea and in the context of ministerial projects financed by MIUR (codes: PON03PE_00163_1 and ARS01_01061).