Carmine GAETA | Curriculum
Carmine GAETA Curriculum
- Curriculum Vitae of prof. dr. CARMINE GAETA.
(updated November 2019)
Carmine Gaeta studied chemistry at the University of Salerno where he received his master degree in 2001. He continued research in supramolecular and macrocyclic chemistry at the University of Salerno and finished his Ph.D. in 2004. In the period June-September 2004 he was visiting researcher at the University Johannes Gutenberg of Mainz (Germany). From 2004 to 2014 he was assitant professor in organic chemistry. From November 2014 up to now he is associate professor in organic chemistry at the Department of Chemistry of the University of Salerno. In 2017, Carmine Gaeta, obtained the national scientific qualification to function as full professor in organic chemistry. He is currently responsible for the course of "Advanced Methods for Structural Characterization", for the master degree in Chemistry, and "Green Chemistry" for the master degree in Environmental Sciences. The research activity of prof. Carmine Gaeta is focused in the area of supramolecular and organic chemistry and in the study of host/guest interactions with multidimensional NMR spectroscopy, high-resolution mass spectrometry and molecular modeling by DFT and molecular mechanics calculations, paying particular attention for the supramolecular catalysis in nanoconfined space, stereoselective synthesis of mechanomolecules and synthesis of new macrocyclcic structures. He is involved in various collaborations with several laboratories and institutes in Italy and abroad.
- Curriculum Vitae (updated November 2019)
prof. Dr. CARMINE GAETA
Laboratory of Supramolecular Chemsitry, Department of Chemistry and Biology, “A. Zambelli”, University of Salerno
Via Giovanni Paolo II, 84084 Fisciano, Italy
Tel.: (+39) 089969556 • Cell.: (+39) 3475828905;
Date and Place of Birth: 24/04/1975, Siano (Salerno), Italy
- Professional career.
2004 – 2014 Assistant professor in organic chemistry, Dipartimento di Chimica e Biologia “A. Zambelli”, Università di Salerno.
2014 – Associate professor in organic chemsitry.
2017-National scientific qualification to function as full professor in organic chemistry.
2004 Ph.D. in Chemistry (3 years) from the University of Salerno, discussing a thesis entitled “Synthesis, Molecular Recognition and Self-Assembly Properties of New Calixarene Derivatives”.
2001 Degree in Chemistry (master degree, 5 years) from the University of Salerno on July 21, with the score of 110/110, discussing a thesis entitled “Supramolecular Catalysis: Combinatorial Procedure on Calixarene Scaffold ”.
- Publications and conferences.
Author of 100 articles (Source: ISI WoS Core Collection 16-04-18) published in international peerreviewed journals like: Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Chem. Eur. J., Chem. Commun., Org. Lett., JOC. (Sum of the Times Cited: 1251, H-index = 26); Journal Covers: 1; Chapters in international books: 5; National patent applications: 1; Invited oral presentations at meetings: 4 (1 keynote). Invited seminars at universities and research institutes: 3.
- (corresponding author) Prismarenes: A New Class of Macrocyclic Hosts Obtained by Templation in a Thermodynamically Controlled Synthesis, Journal of American Chemical Society, 2020, 142, 4, 1752-1756. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.9b12216
- (corresponding author) Calixnaphtharene: a Class of Naphthalene-Phenol Hybrid Macrocyclic Hosts. Org. Lett. 2020, 22, 15, 6166–6170
- (co-corresponding author) Kinetic and Thermodynamic Modulation of Dynamic Imine Libraries Driven by the Hexameric Resorcinarene Capsule, Journal of American Chemical Society, 2020, https://doi.org/10.1021/jacs.0c04705
- (co-corresponding author) Synergic Interplay Between Halogen Bond and Hydrogen Bond in the Activation of a Neutral Substrate in a Nanoconfined Space, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2020, 59, 811 – 818
- (co-corresponding author) Mild Friedel–Crafts Reactions inside a Hexameric Resorcinarene Capsule: C−Cl Bond Activation through Hydrogen Bonding to Bridging Water Molecules, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2018, 57, 5423
- (co-corresponding author) Pseudorotaxanes with Self‐Sorted Sequence and Stereochemical Orientation Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2013, 52, 7437
- (co-corresponding author) Biomolecular Fishing for Calixarene Partners by a Chemoproteomic Approach. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2015, 54, 15405
- (corresponding author) Tuning Cycloparaphenylene Host Properties by Chemical Modification. The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2017, 82, 9885
- (co-corresponding author) An Anthracene-Incorporated Cycloparaphenylene Derivative asan Emitter in Photon Upconversion. The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2018, 83, 220
- (co-corresponding author) First demonstration of the use of very large Stokes shift cycloparaphenylenes as promising organic luminophores for transparent luminescent solar concentrators. Chemical Communications, 2019, 55, 3160
- (corresponding author) Synthesis, Optoelectronic, and Supramolecular Properties of a Calixarene–Cycloparaphenylene Hybrid Hosts. Organic Letters 2018, 20, 23, 7415
- endo-Cavity Complexation and Through-the-Annulus Threading of Large Calixarenes Induced by Very Loose Alkylammonium Ion Pairs. Organic Letters 2010, 12, 9, 2092
- Pseudorotaxane orientational stereoisomerism driven by p-electron density. Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 9917
- The Hexameric Resorcinarene Capsule at Work: Supramolecular Catalysis in Confined Spaces. Minireview. Chemistry An European Journal 2019, 25, 4899
- A tetrasulfate-resorcinarene cavitand as the host for organic ammonium guests. Organic Chemistry Frontiers 2016, 3, 1276
- Invited articles in thematic collection and highlight.
- ChemCatChem on invitation, Special collection: Catalysis in Confined Space. Minireview: Supramolecular Catalysis with Self‐Assembled Capsules and Cages: What Happens in Confined Spaces.
- The paper: Prismarenes: A New Class of Macrocyclic Hosts Obtained by Templation in a Thermodynamically Controlled Synthesis, Journal of American Chemical Society, 2020, 142, 4, 1752-1756. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.9b12216, was highlighted:
- Dr. Liu‐Pan Yang, prof. Dr. Wei Jiang, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China. Prismarene: An Emerging Naphthol‐Based Macrocyclic Arene. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2020, https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.202003423
- Invitation to the special collection celebrating the 75th Birthday of Professor Barry Trost; Organic Chemsitry Frontiers, RSC-Organic Chemistry Frontiers.
- Partecipation to the themed collection: Form and Function of Molecular Cups and Capsules; CrystEngComm, RSC Guest-edited by Agnieszka Szumna and Scott J. Dalgarno: CrystEngComm (Royal Society of Chemistry).
- Highlight on Synfacts: Exo-Functionalization of Calixarene via a p-Bromodienone. SYNFACTS contributors: T. M. Swager, R. M. Moslin, Synfacts 2009, 4, 0387.
- Highlight on Nanotoday 2007, 2, 9.
- Very Important Paper: Biomolecular Fishing for Calixarene Partners by a Chemoproteomic Approach. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2015, 54, 15405.
- Hot Article: Mild Friedel–Crafts Reactions inside a Hexameric Resorcinarene Capsule: C−Cl Bond Activation through Hydrogen Bonding to Bridging Water Molecules. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2018, 57, 5423.
- Highlight on ChemistryViews. Speeding up a Friedel–Crafts Reaction.
- Highlight on Synfacts. Mild Friedel–Crafts Alkylation Inside a Hexameric Resorcinarene Capsule. SYNFACTS Contributors: Benjamin List, Mathias Turberg, Synfacts 2018, 14, 0642.
- ACS-Slideshow for the following pubblications: Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 5382; Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 2098; Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 2650; J. Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 10285.
- Invitation to prepare a Minireview on topic: Supramolecular Catalysis in Self-assembled Capsules for Chemistry An European Journal, Wiley.
The article Org. Chem. Front. 2018, 5, 827−837 is part of the themed collections:
- Topic editor in Frontiers in Chemistry. Section: Supramolecular Chemistry. Topic editor of the article collection : New Macrocycles and their Supramolecular Perspectives
- Associate editor in Frontiers in Chemistry. Section: Supramolecular Chemistry.
- Seminars in academic and research institutions.
CNR-Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare- UOS di Catania, (Progetto PON02_00355_2964193 "Sviluppo di micro e nano-tecnologie e sistemi avanzati per la salute dell'uomo"). " Molecular modeling as useful tool for the design of calixarene hosts for biomolecular recognition".
10/11/2019. Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, CAS Key Laboratory of Molecular Recognition and Function, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China. Invited talk. Seminar of department.
12/11/2019. Department of Chemistry, Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen, China. Invited talk. Seminar of Department.
02/12/2019. Seminar. 1st HR MS School. 2-3 December 2019. Dipartimento di Chimica e Biologia Università di salerno (Italy).
- Invited presentations at meetings.
- Invited speaker. Supramolecular Material Meeting, Berlin, 16-20 August 2016.
- Invited speaker. V International Congress on Analytical Proteomics 2017, (www.icap2017.com), Costa de Caparica, Portugal, 3-6 July 2017.
- Keynote speaker, national meeting on Supramolcular Chemistry (http://convegni.unica.it/supramol2017) Santa Margherita di Pula (CA), 18-21 June 2017.
- Invited speaker, 11th International Symposium on Nano & Supramolecular Chemistry. ISNSC. 12-16 October 2019. CHINZHOU, Hanui. CHINA
- Organized international and national meetings.
- Organizer of the 13th International Conference on Calixarenes (Calix2015), Giardini Naxos (Messina) 5-9 July 2015.
- Organizer of the 1st HR MS School. 2-3 December 2019. Dipartimento di Chimica e Biologia Università di salerno (Italy)
- Other professional activities.
Reviewer for International Funding Agencies: -GRANT France-Romania: "DEVELOPMENT OF NEW AND FUNCTIONALISED BIOPOLYMERS TO ELIMINATE ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION (HEAVY, RADIOACTIVE METALS, AROMATICS)" N° PN–II–ID–JRP–2011–1. Ministry of Education, Research,Youth and Sport The National Authority for Scientific Research.
Referee for international ISI journals: around 10 papers per year; Chem. Eur. J., Chem. CommunJ. Org. Chem., Org. Lett, Cryst. Growth Des., CrystEngComm, Tetrahedron Lett., Tetrahedron, Supramol. Chem.
Member of: - The Italian Chemical Society (Division of Organic Chemistry);
Consultant activity: 1) Phisiopharma (Palomonte, province of Salerno, Italy), Research Advisor; 2) C.E.R.I.S. (Solofra, province of Avellino, Italy) Research Advisor; 3) Bi-QEM (Buccino, province of
Salerno, Italy) Research Advisor. Pastificio Graziano s.r.l. Manocalzati (Avellino).
- PhD supervisor activity.
- "Synthesis of calixarene derivatives active towards proteic targets involved in tumor pathologies", 2014-2017 . PhD student: Dr. Stefano Tommasone.
- “Synthesis and properties of new macrocyclic derivatives” 2015-2018. PhD student: Dr. Paolo della Sala.
- "Synthesis of multivalent macrocyclic inhbitors for the targeted therapy of cancer" 2018-. PhD student: Rocco del Regno.
- "Synthesis of New Water Reducer Superplasticizers for Concrete, Gypsum and Clay" Industrial PhD in Chemistry - XXXIII Cycle, 2018-. PhD student: Clotilde Capacchione
- Research projects.
Partecipation at national research programs
MIUR (Italian Ministry of Research and University) . PRIN-2010/2011. (807.517 euro, 36 months ).
Ministry of Economic Development (90.000 euro, 1 year).
Ministry of Economic Development (156.000 euro, 2 year).
MIUR (Italian Ministry of Research and University). PhD funding “Dottorati innovativi con caratterizzazione
industriale del PON RI 2014-2010 2017/2018 Ciclo XXXIII. “
MIUR. FFABR 2017. 3000 Euro.
PON RINASCIMENTO (RIdiamo Nuova vitA a riSorse preCedentemente non
rIciclabili MEdiante una Nuova Tecnologia di processO), 30 months. (decreto MIUR n 1735 del 13 luglio 2017)
Partecipation at local research programs
Coordiantor of project FARB University of Salerno (10.000 euro, 2017-2020).