Dajana CONTE | Curriculum
Dajana CONTE Curriculum
prof. Dajana Conte is Associate Professor of Numerical Analysis at the Dep. of Mathematics of the Univ. of Salerno since May 2, 2016.
- Habilitation as Associate Professor of Numerical Analysis (since December 19, 2013);
- 1/10/2006-1/5/2016: Researcher of Numerical Analysis at Mathematics Dep., Univ. of Salerno;
- 1/11/2002-31/10/2005: Ph.D. student in Mathematics at Univ. of Salerno. Title achieved on March 28, 2006, title of the thesis: "High performance numerical methods for Volterra integral equations ".
- Maternity leave from September 9, 2012 to February 16, 2013;
- Maternity leave from August 24, 2016 to February 8, 2017;
- Parental leave from February 9, 2013 to March 1, 2017.
prof. Dajana Conte is author of 50 papers: 30 papers on scientific journals, 6 contributions on conference proceedings, 4 papers on books e 4 technical reports. The updated list can be found in the webpage http://docenti.unisa.it/020280/ricerca/pubblicazioni?anno=0.
CONFERENCE TALKS AND SEMINARS
prof. Dajana Conte has given 35 talks and 6 posters in national and international conferences, and 6 invited seminars at Italian and foreign universities. The list of abstracts in conference proceedings and of posters can be found at the web pages: http://docenti.unisa.it/020280/ricerca/pubblicazioni?anno=0&tip=273, http://docenti.unisa.it/020280/ricerca/pubblicazioni?anno=0&tip=275.
- Prize "Highlighted Paper in ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis" for the paper "An error analysis of the multi-configuration time-dependent hartree method of quantum dynamics, M2AN 44 (2010) 759-780";
- honorary member of IMACS (International Association for Mathematics and Computer in Simulation) for the year 2010, and winner of the “IMACS Award 2010” for the most successful papers published in the journals “Mathematics and Computers in Simulation” e “Applied Numerical Mathematics”.
Nell'ambito della sua ricerca, la candidata ha collaborato con
- Il prof. Zdzislaw Jackiewicz, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Arizona State University, Tempe, USA;
- Il prof. Christian Lubich, Mathematisches Institut, Università di Tuebingen, Germania;
- Il prof. Liviu Gr. Ixaru, dell'Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering di Bucharest.
RESEARCH PERIODS ABROAD
- 29/9/2010-4/11/2010, University of Tuebingen (Germany), scientific collaboration with prof. Christian Lubich.
- 1/7/2008-31/12/2008, University of Tuebingen (Germany), scientific collaboration with prof. Christian Lubich. Research activity within the project “DFG Priority Program 1324 - Mathematical methods for extracting quantifiable information from complex systems” has been carried out. The results of the research have been reported in the preprint n. 30, which can be found in the project webpage http://www.dfg-spp1324.de/publications.php?lang=en.
- 31/03/2008-25/4/2008, Arizona State University, Tempe, United States, scientific collaboration with the prof. Zdzislaw Jackiewicz.
- 4-21/06/2007, University of Tuebingen (Germany), study meeting with prof. Christian Lubich.
- 13-20/11/2004, University of Tuebingen (Germany), study meeting with prof. Christian Lubich.
Dajana Conte has been referee of papers submitted to the journals: “Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics”, “Discrete Dynamics In Nature and Society”, “SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing”, “Applied Mathematical Letters”, “Computer Physics Communications”, “Applied Numerical Mathematics”, “Mathematical and Computer Modelling”, “Numerical Algorithms”, "AIP Conference Proceedings", “Mathematical Modeling and Analysis”, “Japan Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics”,”Calcolo”, “Applied Mathematics and Computation”.
MEMBER OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Workshop “Numerical Modeling in Evolutionary Problems: perpectives and applications”, Dep. of Mathematics, University of Salerno October 26-27, 2015;
- Workshop “Innovative Methods for Solving Evolutionary problems with memory”, Anacapri – Villa Orlandi – June 19-21, 2006.
PI OF GRANTED PROJECTS
- GNCS-Indam Project 2016. Title of the project: Numerical integration of singular and evolutionary problems with non standard basis. Number of participants: 12.
- GNCS-Indam Young researchers project 2011.
- GNCS-Indam Young researchers project 2009.
- GNCS-Indam Young researchers project 2008.
- International mobility project granted by Univ. of Salerno and Province of Salerno, July-December 2008.
PARTICIPATION TO NATIONAL PROJECTS
- GNCS-Indam Project 2017.
- GNCS-Indam Project 2015.
- GNCS-Indam Project 2014.
- PON Research & Competitivity 2007 - 2013.
- PRIN 2007, title: “Plasma Physics in the Presence of Dust Grains”.
- GNCS-Indam Project 2005.
- GNCS-Indam Project 2004.
- GNCS-Indam Project 2003.
PARTICIPATION TO LOCAL PROJECTS
- research projects FARB, University of Salerno, from 2003 to 2018.
ADVISOR OF PH.D. THESIS
Tutor (since 1/12/2014) of the student Giovanna Califano, Ph.D. student in Mathematics, Physics and applications, XXX ciclo, Univ. of Salerno.
TUTOR OF TRAINEESHIPS AND MASTER THESIS
- Tutor of 4 traineeships, 23 Master thesis (for the degree courses in Mathematics and Computer Science).
- 2017/2018 – “Programming and calculus laboratory”, degree in Mathematics, 6 CFU; “Mathematical methods for chemistry”, degree in Chemistry, 5 CFU; “Scientific Calculus”, degree in Computer Science, 6CFU;
- from 2006/2007 to 2006/2017, Dajana Conte has teached, in whole or in part, several teachings, among which: “Mathematics II” degree in Electronic Engineering, “Mathematics I”, degree in Mechanical Engineering, “Numerical Calculus II” degree in Mathematics, “Teaching and laboratory of mathematics”, “Teaching of mathematical models”, “Numerical analysis” master degree in Mathematics, “Numerical analysis” degree in Computer Science, “Laboratory of computational mathematics” master degree in Mathematics, “Numerical Calculus I”, degree in Mathematics.
PARTICIPATION TO DOCTORATE COLLEGES
- member of the teachers college of the Ph.D. course in “Mathematics, Physics and Applications”, Univ. of Salerno, 2015-2018.
- member of the teachers college of the Ph.D. course in “Mathematics” and of the Ph.D. course in “Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science”, Univ. of Salerno, 2010-2014.
- member of the teachers college of the Ph.D. course in “Biology of Systems” , Univ. of Salerno, 2009-2010.
- Responsible of ERASMUS agreements with Geneve Univ., Laguna Univ. (Tenerife), Pais Vasco Univ. (Bilbao), and the “Mathematisches Institut”, Univ. of Tuebingen.
RESPONSIBLE IN SERVICE ACTIVITIES
- Scientific responsible of teaching Laboratories “L11 – Teaching of Mathematics” and “P12 Sound” of Mathematics Department (Univ. of Salerno), 2017-2018.
- Placement delegate for the Mathematics Department, 2015-2018.
- ESSE3 delegate for the Mathematics Department, 2014-2015.
- Responsible of the activity “Computational Mathematics Laboratory”, within the “National Scientific Degrees Project”, 2010-2012.
OTHER SERVICE ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Orientation Committee for the degree course in Mathematics, 2008-2018.
- Member of the Placement Committee for the degree course in Mathematics, 2015-2018.
- Member of the self-evaluation group, 2006-2008.